Monday, February 20, 2012

A Tale of Two Bloggers




Who are these two faceless bloggers?

If you guessed Sarah from Coming Unstitched and me then you win! 
I don't have any prizes, but seeing our actual faces in this post will be reward enough I should think.
 The photo above happened because I have no idea how to both hold and take a picture with Sarah's iPhone at the same time. In each attempt, either my head was eating up the whole screen {insert ego jokes here} or it was blurry. It turns out I am not coordinated enough for such a vigorous activity.

We decided it would be best if we flagged down a random passersby down to see if they would like the privilege of taking our picture. Eventually, after passing up a few "undesirables" to take our picture (hey, we don't need to be creeped on by weird men), we got a lady to stop eating and licking her fingers long enough to take an adorable photo of us. What a lucky gal, huh?

Here we are.

This is true blogger love.

Sarah is the first and best blogger friend I have made in my adventures. I sincerely believe my blog wouldn't be close to functioning today without her. Her drive to constantly make her blog better coupled with her tech skills has made me want to have a better blog. On top of that, she is hilarious and we have some great conversations. We communicate most days and I feel like I've known her my whole life. Wow, I am being a total sap. Gross. Anyway, if I knew so much about her and we already get along, why was I nervous to meet her? Probably because she would see what a total goober I am and run in the opposite direction. That's what usually drives folks away. Well, that and my body odor. Kidding.

First Impressions

1. She is far prettier in person. Seriously, her eyes light up a room.

2. Even though we had to stand (waiting for a table at Mongolion Barbeque) for the first half hour, she jumped right into conversation with no awkwardness and plenty of sarcasm.

3. She is not as short as I expected her to be, but that's because she was rocking 4-5" heels. She informed me that I would think she was a munchkin if I saw her without them on.

4.  She is extremely easy to talk to. I could have talked to her for hours. The two hours we were there flew right by. And it wasn't small talk folks. We talked about everything from laughing when people fall to the most serious subject: death. No joke. That's how we roll.

5. She is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the out. She cares deeply for people and anyone who is her friend is extremely lucky. She really is an amazing person!


Look how adorable Sarah is!
Click HERE to see her post about our blogger date.

This is what I wore.


Sequined Blazer: Maurices
Metallic Leggings: Express
Mini-Dress: Clothes Mentor
Boots: Piperlime
Earrings: Wild Iris


Click HERE to read an interview I did with Sarah last year. You won't regret it. It's entertaining.

Have you ever found a good friend in an unexpected place?

Have a fantastic day!

17 comments:

  1. You both look great..I just looked at her post & you both love El Chaps in Adrian, Michigan..bizarre..that's where i am from, haha!! Though haven't lived there for some years now since moving to the UK. How precious your meeting, sm really glad you both enjoyed it!! Have a great week doll!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are both hilarious. And gorgeous. I am always jealous when blogger friends meet, but I'm so happy that you both got to get together!! Fab blazer, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous times a million. I want to hang out with you guys!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  4. so lovely to meet someone in this bloggy world and become best of friends! Looks like a wonderful get together and you both look fabulous !

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool :), my blogger friend is all the way in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is so cute! you both look lovely haha!
    xo,
    LMQ

    ReplyDelete
  7. You both look lovely! Aren't blogging friends the best? Looks like you two have a great relationship and both obviously have great style!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You both look amazing, I love the outfits! Sounds like a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so envious you two got to meet in person! It sounds like you had a great time and loved both of your outfits! Too bad you are sick...I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, I love you both as bloggers!
    It makes me happy to see a friendship formed from blogging :)
    You both are amazing! Love your sequins. I can see your individual style just from these photos haha, and I love them both!

    http://www.trendyteal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. you both look great!

    love from canada

    www.northernstyle.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great looks!

    xo Ashleigh

    www.thedaileigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw. That's so cool you guys clicked in person, too. I've been very pleasantly surprised by the friendships I've developed through blogging.

    I think both of you look adorable!

    Jenn
    The Suburb Experiment

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww - this is such a cute little post! I'm meeting my first blog friend on Thursday - and this makes me extra excited! And you guys both look gorgeous :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute and you both look so fab as well! I want a blogger date too!!! :)

    www.socalsophisticate.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Your comments always make me giddy like a school girl on a sugar high. Leave your link so I can creep on you. The good kind of creeping. Not the kind where I hang your pictures in my room or anything. (awkward shuffle)

Fashionably yours,

Kassi

Pronounced KC (like the Sunshine Band)