Thursday, November 3, 2011

What I'm Wearing: Bi-Textural

Well here I am, a whole new look. Not my body, but my blog. It was time to class this joint up. Last weekend I bought not one, but three black faux leather skirts while I was out. I bought the one in picture above at H&M first and then proceeded to find two more at Value World (which I only paid a total of $4 for both). The posts on the other two will have to come at a later date, so you will just have to hold your horses - I know you all can't wait (yes, this is sarcasm).

Today I decided  to play with different textures and wear a sparkly sea foam green knit sweater with the faux leather for a sweet and sassy look. I really wish the pictures did the sweater justice as it is quite pretty. The sweater somewhat tones down the edginess of the faux leather making it especially office appropriate.

Sweater: Maurices, Faux Leather Skirt: H&M, Necklace: H&M, Bracelets: Vintage, H&M, Shoes: Calvin Klein via Von Maur

Here is how you can get a similar look. 
Click on photo below to get links and prices to each of the pieces shown below.

Knit Sweater & Faux Leather



 Do you like mixing textures?

12 comments:

  1. You look absolutely FANTASTIC! The combination is simply FLAWLESS. Have worn such a similar ensemble to the office many times.

    Almost forgot, I like the new header on the blog, too.

    http://theleatherskirt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Leather Skirt- Thank you so much! How did I know you have worn a similar on ensemble? :) I am glad you like the new header - it was time for a change!

    @Style Diaries- Thanks and I will check out your giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I def love mixture of textures! nice pick! they look classy n sexy at the same time!

    New follower! please follow me back ^^

    xoxo HitomiNeko xoxo
    http://hitomineko-hn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great skirt. It has a very classic shape, so it is definitely office appopriate. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the sweater is really nice! and I loveeee how you paired your heels with your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit. The accessories work well with it because they don't steal focus, but they enhance. The skirt is great!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutly stunning I love your outfit! iam following you now, thanks for visit and follow my blog

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I responding to your comment on my blog super quickly haha but, YOU WERE JUST MY 100th FOLLOWER wooohooooo! haha thanks so much for the follow, i'm reallly way too excited to finally be at 100! definitely following you, and I will give you a shout out in my next post :)

    have a great day!
    www.fluentbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all so much for your lovely comments.

    @Angela - Woo hoo! Awesome! Yay look forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your jumper!
    I love to return the favor when someone's following me, but since you've posted your comment on my blog I haven't gained any new followers :)
    Let me know if you're really following, I'll return the favor!
    X, Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Lucy - Whoops don't know what happened there. Should be all fixed now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Your comments always make me giddy like a school girl on a sugar high. Leave your link so I can creep on you. The good kind of creeping. Not the kind where I hang your pictures in my room or anything. (awkward shuffle)

Fashionably yours,

Kassi

Pronounced KC (like the Sunshine Band)