Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What I'm Wearing: Polka-Stripes

If you haven't figured it out already, I am sure after you see my blog more and more you will see that I am in love with the black/red/white color combo. I just think it always looks polished and sophisticated.  I pretty much adore this blazer for it's crisp look and cute polka dot roll-up sleeves. Since the stripe is so bold itself I went with a camisole with tiny polka dots to mix patterns, but not be completely overwhelming. Now if I may direct your attention to the necklace I am wearing, this is the exact one I am giving away on my blog. See here for more details. It was a perfect accessory to give a nod to the subtle polka dots in this outfit without making it scream "Look at me, I really love polka dots."
Blazer: Von Maur, Polka Dot Tank: - Kohl's (several years old), Skirt: Clothes Mentor, Shoes: White House Black Market, Necklace: Jule, Skinny Watch: The Wild Iris, Rhinestone Bracelet: Antique Shop
Here is another adorable way to combine stripes and polka dots.


1. Mossimo Striped Pullover Sweater - $18.00 from Target
2. Polka Dot Skirt - $22.80 from Forever 21
3. Chunky Link Necklace - $8.50 from Charlotte Russe
4. Zippered Nylon Tote - $16.00 from Old Navy
5. Ceasar 55 Wedge Heels -  $26.50 from A'gaci

What do you think of mixing these two prints?

1 comment:

  1. I love mixing prints! Super cute post!
    xo,
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Your comments always make me giddy like a school girl on a sugar high. Leave your link so I can creep on you. The good kind of creeping. Not the kind where I hang your pictures in my room or anything. (awkward shuffle)

Fashionably yours,

Kassi

Pronounced KC (like the Sunshine Band)