Sunday, April 10, 2011

Outfit Idea of the Day: The Tiered Skirt

Tiers of Ruffles. This is a look that I believe some women fear because of the volume. I have found that tiered skirts are quite a bit more flattering than I imagined. I like the pattern and color of this skirt, it's not in your face, but it still makes a statement.

Printed Tier Skirt $24.99 at gap.com

Because of the volume and print in the skirt I think a simple shirt will do just fine. I chose this color to pick up the pink in the print of the skirt.

 3/4 sleeve Scoop Neck Top $8.50 charlotterusse.com



I realize this color is nowhere in the skirt or shirt but I think it really works well with both of the colors. The plain shirt needs a pop of color.

Beaded Bib Necklace $10.80 forever21.com








                                                                                                                                                                    I did not go with my obvious choice of heels on this outfit but instead found a cute an presumably comfortable flat. The lighter purple in this shoe coupled with the turquoise on the flower will tie all of the color palate together.

Dr. Scholl's Be Nice Peeptoe Flats $19.60 amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! Your comments always make me giddy like a school girl on a sugar high. Leave your link so I can creep on you. The good kind of creeping. Not the kind where I hang your pictures in my room or anything. (awkward shuffle)

Fashionably yours,

Kassi

Pronounced KC (like the Sunshine Band)