Once again I was flipping through my InStyle magazine and came across an outfit I absolutely loved! As per usual, the prices on each piece are outrageous (by my standards) and I challenged myself to create a similar outfit for a whole lot less!
The total for the blazer, shirt, necklace, pants, bag and shoes of the InStyle look is an astronomical
$1,801.00. I don't know about you but I just can't justify spending that much on an outfit.
Though my choices below are not exact materials, patterns, etc., I think you will find that they would create a very similar effect.
I also put together a similar concept using things I already have in my closet!
Here are the items I chose to recreate the outfit shown above.
I have included links to each of the following items below
so you can see larger photos and different views (or make your purchase).
1. Chic Two-Button Jacket - $28.90 from Forever21
2. a.n.a Crochet Racerback tank - $8.99 from JC Penney
3. Nautical Rope Necklace - $13.00 from Etsy (LulaAccessories)
4. Fornarina Pants in Red - $32.00 from Yoox.com
5. Bamboo Leighton Penny Loafer Heels - $32.00 from Lulu's
6. Belted Double-Pocket Satchel - $22.50 from Charlotte Russe
Grand Total = $137.39
That is less than a tenth of the price of Instyle's look!
I took a few pieces I had in my closet and put together another similar look (shown below).
Is this a style you would rock this fall?
Personally, I will be wearing this outfit to the office.
I love it!
I love it!
Thank you InStyle for the inspiration!