Saturday, September 10, 2011

This Outfit is Suspended.

 In my last post I talked about how I wanted to try out wearing a pair of suspenders. I love the way they looked on Cameron Diaz and thought why not give that look a whirl?

I bought these navy blue suspenders at Goodwill and immediately went on a search in my closet to see how I could make them work.

I saw this diagonally striped shirt and knew my suspenders had found a friend.

My mom made the tie I am wearing a few months ago and I've been trying to work it into an outfit ever since.
Enter suspenders.


I went with retro curly hair and bright red lipstick to pull off a vintage and menswear inspired look.





Top:  Macy's

Suspenders: Goodwill

Jeans: Maurices

Shoes: Express

Tie: Made by my talented mother


I do really want this black pair of suspenders with white polka dots. How adorable are these?


You can seriously find all sorts of patterns and colors on the internet if you want a more feminine pair. My favorites are polka dots, metallics and just plain red.


If you are wanting to try this look for cheaper, you can do what I did and just pick up a pair at a thrift store.

This look was easier to pull off than I anticipated. I neither felt goofy or that I was being stared at like a circus side show. Good times.

Check out the close-up picture of the tie my mom made me below. It really is darling. She made it by sewing two ties together and making rosettes with excess material not used in the base of the tie. And then just added a button and the little anchor. I love it!






Would you wear suspenders? I personally think its a cheap and easy way to get in on the menswear trend!

5 comments:

  1. OMG the tie is to die for :O I dig it. xo

    Bianca,
    editor of My Fashion Lust List

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bianca! I love it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a an amazing tie! Thanks for visiting my blog. It is nice to know someone nearby shares my love for clothing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I love that there is another fashionista in town. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to wear suspenders, too. Such an easy way to create a quirky look. And also the most comfortable way to wear pants with a loose fit. Elisabetta

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Your comments always make me giddy like a school girl on a sugar high. Leave your link so I can creep on you. The good kind of creeping. Not the kind where I hang your pictures in my room or anything. (awkward shuffle)

Fashionably yours,

Kassi

Pronounced KC (like the Sunshine Band)