Thursday, September 1, 2011

What I'm Wearing Today: Tangerine Dream



Earlier in the week I posted about my Goodwill haul and I thought I would show how I wore one of the pieces.
I was super pumped that that I finally found a bright orange dress. I love the color and shape of this Mossimo dress and was lucky enough to pick it up for $6 at my local Goodwill.



When you have a solid dress that has a fairly simple design you can throw on quite a few accessories. This dress has a black exposed zipper in the back so I decided to accessorize in blacks and golds. I think the result is quite cute!


Here is a similar dress that is still available at Target for $12.48.  It will still be a great piece to layer over in fall!





I don't know how each Goodwill is but my local store gets a ton of stuff that is brand new from Target. A great opportunity to pick up cute clothes for a steal.

I have had each of these bracelets for awhile. I purchased the black mosaic looking one from JC Penney a few years ago for $3.99 and the Gold Belt bracelet at a local boutique called The Wild Iris for $12.

You can get a similar effect with this bracelet.
Only $5.80 at forever21.com



This necklace came from Kohl's at least one year ago so I am unsure of what I paid for it.  I love the big bold chain links, it adds so much to every outfit I wear it with!

This necklace from Charlotte Russe would also work well as a statement necklace against a bold colored dress. 




 These shoes had me at hello. God Bless the clearance shoe room at Von Maur. From the chain link detail on the side to the pretty design and wedge heel, these had me sold before I saw they were under $30!  AK Anne Klein wedges $26 at Von Maur (last year)



 You can get these similar wedges for
$24.97 at amazon.com

Last but not least, this beautiful faux crocodile clutch that I recently bought at Forever21. I love it! I have already used it quite a bit!

For whatever reason, this is not on forever21's website, but here is a comparable bag for $16.80.


Is this something you could see yourself wearing?

8 comments:

  1. Very cute outfit. I LOVE LOVE the shoes. Thanks for the tips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you like it! :) If you have any requests for outfits and/or specific items you would like me to feature, please feel free to say so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the orange dress and what a deal you got...lucky :)

    http://thelacquerfactor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes the luck of the thrift is on my side! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cut of that dress is amazing on you! It makes your legs look so long. Super, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dress is very flattering on you and i LOVE your necklace :)

    http://materialistichic.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. speechless, love this dress on you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Your comments always make me giddy like a school girl on a sugar high. Leave your link so I can creep on you. The good kind of creeping. Not the kind where I hang your pictures in my room or anything. (awkward shuffle)

Fashionably yours,

Kassi

Pronounced KC (like the Sunshine Band)