Friday, September 9, 2011

Thrifted Accessories Haul

 I took a little trip into my local Goodwill and Salvation Army today just to see if there was anything worth picking up. It was a great and cheap day when it came to accessories.

I have been coveting every emerald green purse I see in magazines, but they all seem to have a hefty price tag.  So imagine my surprise and joy when I came across this beautiful vintage purse. What's even better? It was only a quarter. Yessss!

The second purse I found at the Goodwill  was this gorgeous fuschia envelope style gem. It has black and gold trim and looks totally current. I could not believe my luck. This baby was also $0.25!

Can you believe it?




My third Goodwill find were these brand new looking gray crochet adorned ballet flats. I really don't own anything like these so I am super excited that I picked these up for just $1.00. They will look great with my skinny jeans, and dress and legging combos this fall.

I have a bit of a thing for belts, okay maybe its borderline addiction but I like to have one for every outfit/occasion. :) Anyhow my mom pointed out this gold metallic round disk belt (she is an enabler) and for $1.00 I had to have it. 















The Salvation Army also had a couple of things I had to have. Surprise, surprise, it's another belt!  Without the mini chain on the front I probably would not have given this belt a second look. But the little gold chain makes this belt chic and interesting. For only $0.59 I couldn't pass it up.







I have also been wanting art deco inspired pieces in a major way and lucked out big time when I came across this gold and black vintage necklace at Salvation Army. And with a $1.49 price tag, I feel like one lucky gal.




 I was just saying out loud that I am in the market for a pair of suspenders and about one minute later my mom held up this navy blue pair. I'm not sure yet how this look will come out on me but I saw Miss Cameron Diaz in a pair some time back and I loved the way it looked. So for $1.00 I had to give it a whirl. Post to come in the future about how this little experiment turns out.



             Look at how cute Miss Diaz looks!
               It's really kinda sexy I think!                                         



So the total for my accessory haul is $5.58 + Tax.

Not too shabby eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! Your comments always make me giddy like a school girl on a sugar high. Leave your link so I can creep on you. The good kind of creeping. Not the kind where I hang your pictures in my room or anything. (awkward shuffle)

Fashionably yours,

Kassi

Pronounced KC (like the Sunshine Band)