Sunday, September 25, 2011

What I'm Wearing: Vintage Velvet

Ahhh velvet. A fabric that seems to fall in and out of fashion favor each year. I personally love this fabric because it really delivers a dose of drama. It's a beautiful, rich way to wear fall color. I bought this vintage dress at Salvation Army a year or so ago and didn't even wear it until today. With the ruched sleeves and beautiful color, I knew I had to have it and eventually would take it for a spin. I received a ton of compliments on this outfit, perhaps velvet really is back!

Velvet Dress: $3.99 from Salvation Army, Chandelier Earrings: $1.99 from Charlotte Russe, Vintage Gold Belt: $12 from Le Dominique Consignment, Rampage Faux Snake Pumps: I don't remember, I've had them a long time, Vintage Handbag: $5 from an Antique Shop

Here are some ways you can bring some velvet into your wardrobe this fall.

1. Apt. 9 Floral Mesh and Velvet Hair Clip & Pin - $7.20 from Kohl's
2. Leopard Cuff Black Velvet Gloves - $12.99 from Amazon.com
3. Scalloped Velvet Ballet Flat  -$19.50 from Charlotte Russe
4. Glamorous Velvet Dress - $36.59 from Asos
5. Red Velvet Bow Cinch Belt - $16.99 from Amazon.com

Will you be wearing velvet this fall?

4 comments:

  1. You have such a great style! Looking forward to reading more posts!
    xo,
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyra would be so proud of you smising! Or smeyesing or however u spell it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work every day to make Tyra proud. Maybe she will even let me be on America's Next Top Awkward Model. I'm a shoe-in to win :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Your comments always make me giddy like a school girl on a sugar high. Leave your link so I can creep on you. The good kind of creeping. Not the kind where I hang your pictures in my room or anything. (awkward shuffle)

Fashionably yours,

Kassi

Pronounced KC (like the Sunshine Band)