Monday, September 12, 2011
What I'm Wearing: Faux Leather and Lace
"Lace!" I answered myself. Yes, I occasionally talk to myself and my clothes, don't judge.
So I then frantically went through my camisole and sleeveless shirt drawers and pulled out a nude and cream gem that I hadn't even wore yet. Much to my delight I thought it broke up the faux leather-fest quite nicely.
Add a pearl bracelet, a pretty headband and bow adorned heels and I was feeling more proper lady than Harley enthusiast.
Headband: $1.97 from JC Penney (last winter)
Faux Leather Vest:
Candie's from Kohl's - around $14
New York & Company via
Clothes Mentor Consignment $4
Faux Leather Skirt:
New York & Company $10
Faux Pearl Bracelet:
Paris Hilton via TJ Maxx $22
Here is how you can get a similar look.
1. Leatherette Halter Vest - $19.80 from Forever 21
2. Miss Chievous Rosette Lace Tank - $12.99 from Macy's
3. Silver Pearl Flower Metal Headband - $14.50 from Amazon.com
4. Surplice Faux Leather Skirt - $32 from Venus
5. Pearl Bling Stretch Bracelets - $6.50 from Charlotte Russe
6. Qupid Bow Accent Black Pump - $25.00 from Amazon.com
I think a long sleeve lace shirt would transition this outfit to fall nicely.It just happened to be a beautiful day here!
Is leather and lace for you?