Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What I'm Wearing: Taking My Summer Maxi into Fall

Summer weather has officially sailed off into the sunset, but that doesn't mean all of your summer pieces need to get stored away this fall. Reuse your summer maxi dress to create a cute fall-appropriate outfit. And if you don't already have a maxi dress or skirt, you can pick them up for cheap right about now on  many stores' clearance racks. I would highly recommend them because they are comfortable and chic! I took a basic black tank dress, brightened it with a coral blazer and colorful accessories and voila! Cute, comfortable, fall outfit!

Black Maxi-Dress: Elder-Beerman, Blazer: H&M, Necklace: The Wild Iris, Belt: Wal-Mart, Shoes: Kohl's
              Here is how you can get a similar look.


1. Scrunch Sleeve Flyaway Blazer - $26.50 from A'gaci
2. Colorful Woven Belt - $4.50 from Forever 21
3. Ronson Maxi Dress - $28.80 from JC Penney
4. Teal Tube Bead Necklace - $9.50 from Charlotte Russe
5. Sarina Twist Toe Flats  - $17.99 from Target

Do you have a maxi skirt or dress you will be using in your fall wardrobe?

6 comments:

  1. I keep trying to wear Maxi Dresses but I'm only 5'2, they seem to swallow me up :( Still looking for the perfect one though! Great outfit here and thanks for adding me to your blog list! Love reading your posts!
    xo,
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh yes. They really should make more maxi dresses in petites. I have the opposite problem, I'm 5'10" so everytime there is a cute shorter dress it barely clears my booty, and I'm not having that! haha Have to tried dresses that are cut at midi length or maxis that seem to be cut shorter like this one? http://www.target.com/p/Xhilaration-Juniors-Tank-Maxi-Dress-Black/-/A-13266581

    There needs to be more petite and tall options in the world!

    You're welcome, I enjoy reading your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very cute option. I'd just be worried that it would make me look stumpy if it cut me at my calves. I have one that I've had for YEARS that is essentially too long on me, but I love it and wear it anyway. My boyfriend hates it :)
    Totally on board with more tall and petite options!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so classic and has a goddess vibe, gorgeous!!

    http://thelacquerfactor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same beige flats, but I think they are from Rocket Dog and I got them on sale at DSW. I really really love that bright red necklace and the color of that sweater! Great way to put everything together! (Oh and I added you to my blog roll as well. Makes it easier to read blogs I regularly visit!) - Jessica

    http://thirtyandgirly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much for adding me to your blog roll! :) Glad you like this outfit, it was comfy for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Your comments always make me giddy like a school girl on a sugar high. Leave your link so I can creep on you. The good kind of creeping. Not the kind where I hang your pictures in my room or anything. (awkward shuffle)

Fashionably yours,

Kassi

Pronounced KC (like the Sunshine Band)